The Best Rock Festival Livestream Goes to...

May 31, 2016




Sorry for the delayed post folks *talking to my two readers: myself and my sister*

It's near June which means the start of festivals season, YAY. This is a new hobby that I have been doing since last year when I was literally had nothing to do almost every day for a month, I thanked you dear final paper.

I love this period of time, although not every festival provides the livestream feature, some of them do like Coachella, Glastonbury, Warped Tour, and Reading+Leeds (but this one can only be enjoyed by those in the United Kingdom. BOOOO) and many others. My personal favourite one is Rock am Ring.

From my experience (since last year), I actually forgot what were the festivals I watched on the 'net, I did watch Warped and Coachella though, but I couldn't remember the rest. I even made a very neat list that I stuck on my wall for a reminder, unfortunately, I threw them away. I won't do it again with this year's list.

But the most rewarding and vivid memory was watching Foo Fighters live from Rock am Ring from 02.00 am in the morning until 05.00. Quick introductory, Rock am Ring along with Rock im Park are festivals from Germany that exist to indulge rock fans all over the world. Usually held in June, these two have been delivering some of the best live performances ever since 1985.

Despite the fact that I have to zone out into the zombie mode due to the time difference, watching Foo Fighters was so worth it and I even got teary eyed. I would have watched Slipknot afterwards, but my whole body disagreed.

From all the livestreams that I watched, Rock am Ring was the awesomest. From the sound, camera work, and the player, they were all top-notch-head-to-toe perfection. I don't know what kind of technology that they are using, but even the stream player which is sometimes the issue with my problematic internet connection, was so smoooooth. Of course I adjusted the resolution until the second lowest one.There is an HD option too if you were wondering.

But I actually don't know if they always livestream the concerts every year, I sure do hope so. Given the amount of live performances videos from the event on Youtube.


By the way, I'm going for a new job on June 1st which is kinda freaking me out, like what Rachel Green said to Ross on Friends season 10 about a new job offer in France. "This is a good scary, like when I first moved to New York or when I found out about Emma," that is exactly how I feel, it is scary and making me anxious, who wouldn't on their first day of a new job? But this is a good scary, something that is going to make me a better person and hopefully a proper adult.

What the hell this has something to do with livestreaming concerts? Well, I take comfort in music, I feel like myself when I'm listening to music, it's taking me back to my teenage years when I got exicted easily. When I was in highschool there were plenty of bands coming to Indonesia, but since now is the era of EDM and Its Friends, there are not much of good bands coming here lately. Thus, livestreaming fills the crave that I've been looking for although not entirely.

Aside from it, I'll be surrounded by people, they don't necessarily have bad energy, but they are new people with different vibes and energies, and I am easily affected by them and they get me disoriented and feeling odd. So watching concerts or listening to music can rub them off, you know, it feels like when you're playing in a dirt and then you get home to take a hot bath. In other words, they're making me relax and keeping me sane.

In my opinion, this year's Rock am Ring isn't as good as last year (or I don't know a lot of the performers) but it's still pretty good. I already made a list of bands that I'm going to watch, and ain't one of 'em from the United States (so what??). Here they are with the time difference if you live in Jakarta and surrounding area:

1. The 1975 on Friday June 3 at 10.05 pm / Saturday June 4 at 03.00 am
2. One ok Rock on Friday June 3 at 02.00 am / Saturday June 4 at 07.00 am
3. Billy Talent on Saturday June 4 at 07.50 pm / Sunday June 4 at 01.00 am

What a peculiar timing to watch concerts. But it is essentially the same thing with what European soccer lovers go through.

For the full schedule click this bad boy




Photo source:




You Might Also Like

0 comments