A Little Story with The Story So Far

August 29, 2018


This band is amazing, despite the 'falcon kick" incident when the vocalist, Parker Cannon kicked a girl off the stage with all his might (til this day I still don't understand what the hell was that all about).

I think I started to listen to The Story So Far (TSSF) at the beginning of 2017, I stumbled upon "Nerve" and was like WHERE HAVE I BEEN ALL THIS TIME. I knew them for a while, didn't get hooked right away. I kinda fell for them through their self-titled album, it is legit filled with good songs. Although, yes they sound repetitive but, still manage to hype me up at work every time I listen to them. I think that's the problem with pop-punk songs, they are all starting to sound the same after a couple hours of listening. That is why I'm always mixing genres whenever I listen to music, to refresh my ears.

So back to TSSF, they're going to release their new album in September 21st, 2018 and so far (hey, get it hehe) they already put out 4 new songs from it. The first one is "Out of It" which is uh-mah-zing.. it is fresh and yet they still can keep their relevant sound. The second one "Let It Go" is a bit slow compared to "Out of It", but still super catchy. The third one (which is my least favorite, but still good nonetheless) "Upside Down" sounds like a pop-punk ballad. And "Take Me as You Please" makes me think 'will I ever listen to angry Parker Cannon ever again?', but I really love the use of instruments for this one, a good song to drift off to. 

I don't know.. obviously, the new album isn't out yet so maybe there are other songs that are quite heavy because I neeeeed it. So many people are kind of upset with their seeming change of sound, on the other hand, I'm embracing their shift because I'm a rather new fan and not really bothered by all this. Hey, that's life man, either you change or get bitter and die. So let see!

Nerve

Out of It

Let It Go

Upside Down

Take Me As You Please

Image Source (s)

You Might Also Like

0 comments