Favorite International Male Singers/Vocalists

April 12, 2016


Great bands don't necessarily have great singers, but there are some that have exceptional ones like Freddie Mercury of Queen who could hit high notes like nobody's business. My definition of "great" is probably different than others, so here is the list in no particular order.


Dallas Green (Alexisonfire/City and Colour) - Canada
This man has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard in my life, especially when he sings in falsetto. It is super sweeet and it's even cooler that he's covered in tattoos. Alexisonfire is a hardcore band in which he played the singing part while George Pettit took care of the screaming duty. He reaches his full potential of swooning girls under the title of City of Colour derived from his own name (Dallas= a city in the U.S; Green= a color).

City and Colour-Hello, I'm in Delaware



Takahiro Moriuchi (One Ok Rock) - Japan

Taka is probably the one on this list with the most over-the-top singing technique. With One Ok Rock's songs that often deliver powerful chorus, he always jumps around interacting with the audience and points at something but somehow never sounds pitchy or misses any notes. He can work with the shittiest sound system and still sound amazing.

One Ok Rock-The Beginning



Daniel Johns (Silverchair) - Australia
Sometimes I like the singer of a band just for the sake of it. Daniel Johns is the primary example. It is possibly because of his performance during live shows, powerful with that raspy tone.

Silverchair-Without You



Paul Banks (Interpol) - United States

Frankly, I'm not a big of Interpol fan nor do I know much about them. I even just found out via Wikipedia that they are from the United States, I thought they were from England or something. But every time I hear Banks' voice on the radio I could easily identify the band and listen to the song all the way through. His voice is what one considers as 'manly' and that is what probably hooks me.

Interpol-The Heinrich Maneuver



Jonas Bjerre (MEW) - Denmark

This cute fella's voice can take me to another world although he stands awkwardly without a guitar in his hands. It's kind of hard to describe, I've never heard of anyone sings like him but it is very fitting to the music that MEW convey

MEW-Am I Wry?



Fran Healy (Travis) - Glasgow, United Kindom

I've been a huge fan of Travis for a long time and it is hard to find another singer like Fran whom I stupidly often called Travis Healy. There is something in his way of singing and interpreting lyrics during live shows that radiate positive vibes. Once, I watched their interview when the guitarist cried after hearing Fran's vocal takes. Dude, If I were there I would probably do the same.

Travis-Closer

Image Source

You Might Also Like

0 comments