Getting Rid of Your Inner Debbie Downer

February 12, 2016



Have you ever felt depressed? Sure you have. Does it look like that I care? No, probably not. 

I’m just kidding of course I do. That’s why I'm writing this post.

There are some days that you feel like you are on top of the world (or the edge of a ship and pretending you are Kate Winslet in the Titanic), but the feeling of I-better-crawl-into-a-corner-and never-be-seen-ever-again, oh.. when that feeling comes and punches you right in the gut.

Talking from experience, during my own horrible encounters, usually I refuse to listen to any songs due to the fearful consequence in the future that I would hate that song for reminding me of awful memories. Yet, sometimes I do need a little encouragement.

So without further rambling, here are several uplifting songs that tap me on the back and kinda say: life is not so bad after all, so quit being a Debbie Downer. 

Rise Against-Tragedy + Time
"So don't hold back, let it shape you like an ocean.
Even the deepest scars in time will fade"

Jack's Mannequin-Swim
"you've gotta swim, don't let yourself sink.
Just find the horizon I promise you it's not as far as you think"

Travis-Walking in the Sun
"All the voices in your head that you hear, 
it's a mystery that we are still holding on"

Foo Fighters-Wheels
"And you feel like it's all over, there's another round for you"



You Might Also Like

0 comments