Kpop Songs That (I Think) Can be Enjoyed by Non-Kpopers

August 14, 2015



Source: http://jeipimijares.blogspot.com/2014/04/are-you-really-kpop-fan-or-not.html

Well, writing this doesn’t mean that I am a Kpop fan. I simply want to share some of mainstream Kpop songs that I personally enjoy or don’t give me a perpetual headache. I think as a non-Kpop fan, (not a hater though, but sometimes get confused) and as a person who grew up listening to rock music, the idea of Korean music industry perplexes me sometimes. I know eventually this is a BUSINESS thing, but there is a word MUSIC in it, which means that they must put music first instead of the things that surround it. Alright before I fall into the Hole of the Holy Rant, lemme get back to the purpose of this post.

Some of my friends are avid fans of certain boybands/girlbands, and they talk about them a lot to me. At first I just sort of go along with it, but when I’m with them they’re playing these songs or showing me videos, not to mention the Asian music channels on my tv are relentlessly playing Kpop videos. From that, involuntarily and subconsciously I started to like some of those songs and began to watch several variety shows that feature the Idols. From that also I know the struggle and the quality of the individuals behind this phenomenon. Now I think about it, it is a bit late to talk about Kpop since they blew up in ‘09/’10 in Indonesia (I guess??). But there is this huge boyband called Big Bang, (Devi or Amel if you guys someday read this, don’t laugh) and their new songs are really good. I mean really good. Then, I watched a variety show when they were talking about their album-making process and they were fully in charge of the process (the result is superb btw).  Thus, Big Bang inspired me to write this post and proofing that there are some good mainstream Kpop songs at last that I can listen without the tenonenot tet tet tat tat wiiiiiii.


Here they are!

Big Bang - Sober

2ne1 - Missing You

LeeSSang ft Jung In - The Woman Who Can't Break Up The Man Who Can't Leave

Epik High - Don't Hate Me

Akdong Musician - Give Love

You Might Also Like

0 comments