Life, Man

August 28, 2015



Fuck, I was about to work on my final paper but since it’s August 28 2015 I’m just going to write what I truly feel today.

Today is Andrew Mcmahon’s concert in Singapore. His first ever show in the country as well as in Southeast Asia. I though today I’d be in a hotel (or motel) room somewhere in Singapore waiting for the show to start. But that’s not the case. Instead I’m here sitting alone in Dunkin’ Donuts accompanied by a chocolate doughnut and an overly sweet blended Thai Tea.

Surprisingly I’m not as bitter and upset as I thought I would be and I’m grateful for that. I’m grateful that this concert marks my ability to be more accepting in life. It is really hard to describe, but usually I when I want things, they come easily. Not that I’m a spoiled brat, but because I rarely desire a lot of things. And this concert is something rare and I want to go there with all my heart. I remember that the first time I heard the news that Andrew would do a concert in Singapore, I jumped into a conclusion that I should get a part-time or full-time job during Ramadan, two months before d-day. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a single job and I had money just to buy the ticket but not the accommodation. My plan B was to wait to ask my parents for the accommodation money. Fast forward t one day before Eid, I asked my parents’ permission to go to Singapore, but my Dad wouldn’t let me. I was so upset for two days straight and it was the worst Eid ever for me.

I thought I would be sullen and all miserable forever, but I am not. Probably because I’m no longer a teenager and too old for that shit. I’m still sad though, it’s the only emotion that I feel right now.

I have learned not to push things if they’re not meant to be. I have written on this blog about Andrew and his influence in my life (damn now my eyes are teary), and this is not the right time. Maybe God has a different plan.

This year has been pretty rough on me but I try to be grateful and accepting every day.
I know this is technically not a ‘music’ post, BUT THIS IS MY BLOG BITCHES AND NO ONE’S GONNA READ IT ANYWAY.

Haha this is probably the most personal thing I write on this blog. Anyway I’m going to end here before I start to go all emo and put on excessive eyeliner and cut my wrist and make a Myspace account.



    

You Might Also Like

0 comments